Sweet Carrot Soup
- 5 tablespoon butter
- 15-20 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 5 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 15 medium carrots, peeled and grated
- 2.4L (10 cups) chicken stock
- 1.2L (5 cups) fresh orange juice
- 1.2L (5 cups) plain, unsweetened EasiYo Yogurt
- Orange zest to garnish
Melt the butter in a large saucepan and add the garlic and onion, cook until lightly browned.
Add the grated carrot and chicken stock simmer until the carrots are tender but not over cooked.
Add the orange juice and stir well.
Transfer to a blender and process until smooth, allow to cool.
Stir in the yogurt and chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
Before serving, sprinkle a little orange zest over the soup.
Makes: 20 portions