No-Bake EasiYo Energy Balls
- 18-20 dates, pitted and diced
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 cups of your favourite natural muesli cereal
- ½ cup EasiYo Greek Style Unsweetened yogurt
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
This is a great basic recipe. Or jazz them up a bit and try our other combinations.
Place the dates in a bowl and cover with the boiling water, stand for at least 1 hour then drain off any excess water.
Place the softened dates, muesli and yogurt in the food processor and blend well. Add the orange zest, spice and seeds and whizz to combine. This should be a sticky moist mixture so add a little extra cereal if too wet. Roll into balls and into extra seeds if desired.
Chill for at least 2 hours.
- for White Chocolate Yogurt Balls – melt 100g white chocolate and add ¾ to the date mixture whizzing to combine then roll into balls and drizzle with remaining chocolate
- try this with dark or milk chocolate
- toasted coconut or chopped nuts make tasty coatings
- add extras like finely diced dried apricots or cranberries or chocolate chips to make them special